Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Discovery; a bit too late...

From school to college. From times of healthy spoon feeding to mal-nutrition. It is a big transition.

Big aspirations, big hopes, big dreams - big achievers... Numbers in favour of the former will run in millions.. But the latter? Hardly in the hundreds. Every child (referring to all school students as children), will carry into college all its wants and hopes. But how many of them actually achieve it? Or even try to achieve it? You read the answers even before I put the question. A few hundred maybe...
Even I was such a child (long back :-) ) But am I an achiever? Certainly not in my opinion.

What went wrong? Five things? Ten things? Twenty? I might quote umpty number of reasons to tell what went wrong.. What is the one thing among these countless reasons that I could have done right? The way in which I prepared for the exams. Sitting awake all day, all night, the day before the exam.. Is it worth the torture? I don't think so... After having finished it, I can tell this with contempt.. B.E. isn't as difficult as it sounds.. If you look to gain knowledge, three to four hours every three to four days will suffice. If you look to get marks, hardly twenty hours is all you need. Twelve hours the day before the exam. And some six hours on the penultimate day (ultimate day being the day before the exam :-) ). However new the subject might be, these few hours of dedicated studying will make the difference between 'reading' continuously to secure a 70+ score and the same 70+ or maybe even a few more, with half the stress.

I missed a lot of fun because of my mind set that only continuous learning helps. Neither did I achieve anything great by missing all that fun.. I am a normal mid-seventy grader, placed in a company along with everyone else who had great fun all these four years.

Intelligent learning helps more than 'hard' learning. I learnt this the hard way. And when I learnt it, the fun was over... My undergrad was over...

3 comments:

R.Eashwar Ramu said...

its too late to ponder upon wat we have done...so lets enjoy the remainin part of life...chao...

Unknown said...

life always takes a full circle. so lets wait and see hw it completes the circle .

aRvInD said...

u ve spoken my mind!